Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stretch the Magic Dragon

My second finish on this blog :) I just finished him this morning and wanted to share it.


Here are some more detailed pictures:

In the end I decided to backstitch only the dragon with the metallic thread, which by the way gave me as hard a time as the kreinik does but the end result is so pretty that I can't hate it completely. The border was backstitched with the DMC thread from the pattern.

I had fun making this, so I can safely say that the experiment was a success and that I WILL be doing more Teresa Wenztler projects. Although I do want to improve my stitches. I noticed while backstitching that some of my stitches were not perfectly taut and they were sometimes too loose. Not sure what is doing that but I will have to be more careful in the future.

Now all I have to decide is what to do with it. It's too big to become a bookmark but too small to frame. I'll just have to put it aside for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment