Thursday, March 19, 2015

No More Cable Stitches

I haven't been putting up many pictures of my Hardanger project since all you'd see is cable stitches. I've been stitching nothing but that since mid-January. I'm happy to say that that is over. Not that there aren't other cable stitching to do in the pattern, but it's over for now and I can move onto a different section.

There are 7 rows of cable stitches in that section and it's a big piece. It's safe to say I can now do that stitch in my sleep. Here is how Fantasy Lace looks as of Tuesday (sorry about the wrinkly fabric).


It took a few tries, but I found a nice trick to quickly do cable stitches and have the stitches lay properly side by side. Here is an animated gif. The trick is, where you will have two stitches side by side, to keep your thumb on the thread while you're pulling your needle.


Here is a close up of one side from the front:


And here is the back:


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cable stitching Dima, love the neat backs you get stitching Hardanger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.

    Brenda's Needlepoint Studio Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. But something I would never try.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I do admit it is a little scary at the beginning, but you learn to let go of the fear.

      Delete
  4. Your work looks great, front and back.

    ReplyDelete