Monday, April 25, 2016

Knotting away

I worked on class work this weekend. I have finished stitching three of the tear drops for my Italian drawn thread class (three more to go!). But there isn't any point in taking any pictures as it's all the same stuff right now. I'll take one once all the tear drops are stitched.

I also worked on finishing the stitching on my Sardinian knot stitch mug mat. Once I got the basics down it was a very fast stitch. I just had to keep remembering where to keep the thread when I'm stitching an ascending or descending line. My one complaint: my neck hurts after a session. This is because the best way to stitch is to lay the piece on a flat surface, so my neck was constantly hunched as I tried to see which fabric thread I had to stitch onto next. Next time I'll have to figure out a better stitching area than my desk, maybe an elevated pillow?


So that's it for now on the Sardinian knot stitch mug mat. I'm waiting to see if there will be finishing instructions. In the meantime, I've started stitching a second one in the same colorway since the fabric is large enough for it. I also have another piece in black. So I might stitch three more to make a set of matching mug mats :)

9 comments:

  1. That's such an interesting piece! I bet the design will look striking in black, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on your Sardinian Knots. They look very tactile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely K you are an amazing and talented stitcher.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to make a beautiful set of mats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful knots and the colours are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely embroidery, pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! I love to see all these techniques you try. I went to a casalguidi class on saturday - have you done any casalguidi?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Yes, there is often a trick to working a stitch without strain, but it isn't always immediately obvious. Good hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so beautiful : you are very talented ...your stitches are so neat !! Lovely color too :)

    ReplyDelete