Tuesday, October 18, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 – October


This month's theme is: What online stitching communities do you enjoy? I've been on Blogger for 4 years now (Wow! Time passes fast), before that I didn't have much of a presence online as I was more of a lurker than participator. Since then I've become more active on Facebook and Instagram. I don't post on my personal Facebook page but I do help manage Virtual Threads' Facebook page. Click the link to check us out :) I have a HUGE feed of blogs that I go thru every morning and share what I find on there for others to check out so in that way I'm very much involved. However even with that I'm still a lurker :P I'm horribly awkward when leaving comments so don't think I'm not reading your posts. I am, I just don't comment.

Fandango got a lot of love this month. I had planned on concentrating on the four small squares but that didn't go as planned. Instead I ended up finishing the center square and a whole lot of bullion stitches that go all around the piece. There are close up pictures in a previous post here and here. Right now the goal is to finish up all the bullions that go within the piece.


I finished my beaded fob Hana. The next step for this piece is working on a scissor case to go with it. There was a delay in starting that as I didn't have enough of the 3-cut black beads. I finally have those but I think I want to get all those bullions on Fandango done first.


I didn't get those olive green leaves done this month on Fleurs de Sakura. I will try again for next check-in.


No update on Fantasy Lace.

No Update
Satin Stitches - Donna's Fantasy Lace

I took Bramble and the Rose to my guild stitch meeting and got a tiny bit in there, but not enough to warrant an update pick. I spent most of the evening swapping book titles with the guild librarian. Love books!
No Update
Ink Circles - The Bramble and the Rose

Still hidden away poor dragons. But, putting stitches into this piece is the last goal I have for this year. So this means that by the last WIPocalypse post there will be some progress on it.

No Update
Teresa Wentzler - Tracery Dragons

I didn't touch Sfilati Fantasia.

No Update

9 comments:

  1. "Liked" the EAC Virtual Threads page. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see the projects all together and be reminded of the wide variety you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have plenty to choose from, don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all big jobs...!!! You are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work as always is gorgeous!!!! Love coming and seeing the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dima, Sorry, we are not in Montreal! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. difficult to choose a favourite here, love all these projects and they are all difficult pieces, the Fleurs de Sakura looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four years is quite a while, I've had my blog for 5.5 now. I just noticed that I have never officially "followed" you so I've rectified that now.
    Lovely work on Fandango this month but I really think the little dragons deserve some love before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fandango is gorgeous. I have always loved Hardanger embroidery, but I have yet to try it. You have a wide variety of beautiful projects in progress.

    ReplyDelete